binoc is here!

binoc is here!

7/15/2020

 
Greetings, everyone! Today, I have some very good news. The Android app that I've been working on for a very long time is finally here! Meet binoc, the perfect way to start your day, yoga, meditation, and everything in-between.
Picture

​With an aesthetically pleasing design, binoc gives you a random stock image from a category of choices, such as nature, city, or rain, and an inspirational quote. It also lets you set an intention for yourself, which you can choose to be a persistent notification.

All of these things make binoc a great way to get started on something. Personally, I find that it really helps me feel inspired!

As I mentioned earlier, binoc has a beautiful user interface that is free of clutter and advertisements. I was really inspired by Microsoft's Metro user interface seen on Windows Phone. I have attached a screenshot of the app below.
Picture
I was inspired by Metro UI. The view scrolls horizontally as opposed to vertically to make the app feel more natural.
Creating binoc has been challenging. Not only did I choose to use Kotlin to write the app, which was completely new to me, but I also wasn't really completely sure what I wanted the app to do until a few weeks into development.
Despite this, I feel like binoc has turned out very well. It's useful, great for motivating yourself, and fun to use!

Anyway, I hope you like binoc! It is available on Google Play for free, without any in-app purchases, ads, or anything unpleasant like that.

As always, thanks for reading, and I hope that binoc helps you take a moment to be in the moment!

Popular posts from this blog

Late 2014 Mac mini in 2022 - Still Worth Buying?

Violoncello for Windows is finally here!

September 2023 Photo Dump