Palm Month is over... what's next?

Palm Month is over... what's next?

5/31/2020


 
Palm Month has been a very exciting month for Tectra! It started with a major update for PreBook, which gave me the idea to dedicate an entire month to Palm stuff. Then, I released PreMail, a working Gmail client for webOS devices. Finally, I released a new Palm OS program called Owner Info, which was a tool that helped people identify the owner of a Palm OS device. I also released a few minor updates to some of my other Palm-related apps that I didn't bother writing about. Needless to say, I've been working on a lot of projects this month!

What's next?

I have a feeling that June is going to be a kind of weird month. This is because my office is going to repainted pretty soon. This means that I'll have to find another place to work for a few days.

That being said, I still have several projects that I plan to do this month. In fact, I have already started on some of them. Here are the things I'm working on currently.

Learning Kotlin and Android Studio: Wait... what? Why am I learning how to use Kotlin and Android Studio? Fear not, as I will explain everything.

Towards the end of last year, I started getting into Android app development. At the time, I used a tool called Xamarin Forms. This essentially allowed me to write Android apps in C#. This was nice because it allowed me to stay in my comfort zone. However, as time went on, I started to wonder if maybe I should learn Kotlin. After all, I was starting to get annoyed with some of the limitations of Xamarin Forms. As a result, earlier this month, I finally made up my mind and started my journey to learn the Kotlin programming language.

A new app: Unsurprisingly, I want to start making some Android apps with Kotlin. In June, I hope to launch a new Android app. I can't reveal to much about it yet, but I have a feeling it will be pretty exciting!

The conclusion.

Palm Month has been a lot of fun! I have learned a lot of interesting new things, created some cool new apps, and have improved some of my existing programs. Anyway, I hope you enjoyed Palm Month and are excited for what's next. Thanks for reading, and have an amazing day!

Popular posts from this blog

Late 2014 Mac mini in 2022 - Still Worth Buying?

Violoncello for Windows is finally here!

September 2023 Photo Dump